Kuntibetta located 130 km on the Mysore road towards Mandya and then a right turn, past sugar cane plantations with the characteristic smell of jaggery plants, will take you to Pandavapura. The betta gets its name from Mahabharatha kunti. As per history kunti spent some of their exile days here, hence the name kuntibetta.Standing at the summit, one can enjoy the panoramic view of the surrounding countryside, backwaters of Tonnur Kere, lakes and vast expanse of agriculture fields.
|KuntiBetta & Onake Betta|
|At the top of kuntibetta & View of Thonnur kere|
How to Reach : Bangalore --> Mandya--> Kuntibetta
Best time to Trek :(October - February)
Difficulty Level : Moderate
Time to Reach from Base : 2–3 Hrs.
Things to Carry:
2. Trekking shoes
3. Blankets or sleeping bags
4. Full length pants-recommended- to protect from snake/insect bites.
Few Points to Reminisce:
1. Be aware of villagers, Who may misguide you.
2. Better to go in groups Min of 6.
3. No prior permission required.
4. Campfire allowed at the top.
5. Know the trek route before you start planning for trekking.
"You have to leave city of you comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition" - Alan Alda