1.Nijagal Betta is situated on Tumkur Road; approximately 55 Km from Bangalore.
2. Drive unto the Dabbaspet flyover and then take the road by the left side of the flyover, drive a short distance and then turn to the left if you are approaching from Bangalore.
3. Drive on Tumkur Road till Dabbaspet (50kms).
4. Dont get confused of 1st Kamat Upachar before dabbaspet flyover.
5. After 2nd Kamat Uppahar (On left) from bangalore, you will see small entrance below railway track. Pass underneath it which goes to base of Nijagal betta
6. Follow the trail through the electric poles which takes you to top
|Carvings on the rocks way to hill|
|Ruined temple top view|
Dont's: Please don't walkin to Hotel Sri Vrindavan. Its too costly, 1 plate Idly vada costs=50rs & A cup coffee costs=25rs.
|Temple Wall carving|
|Temple Wall Carving|
The path has many sculptors from the Hoysala period and also has rock etchings that appear to be pre-historic, but this hasn’t been authenticated.
What to look for:
1. The ruined temple at the middle of fort.
2. A dargah middle of fort.
3. Carvings on the rocks.
4. Cave temple at the top of hill.
5. Cave dargah at the top of
6. Ruins of fort at top
7. Carvings around the temples.
|On the Way|
|Inside Ruined Temple|
|The Cave shot|
Weekend is not a weekend if its not travelled - Sandesh Mavinakuli