One word that wades you're your mind when you think of Skandagiri is walking on and above the clouds.
Skandagiri, also known as Kalavara Durga or Kalavara Hills, is an ancient mountain fortress. The peak altitude of Skandagiri is 1400 meters. 70 Km away from bangalore.
It’s a paradise for trekkers! Cloud's Cloud's Cloud's Cloud's Cloud's Cloud's !!!!!
How to Reach : Bangalore --> Hebbal--> Yelahanka--> Chickkaballapur --> Skandagiri
Best time to Trek : Night (October - January)
Difficulty Level : Moderate
Time to Reach from Base : 2–3 Hrs.
Things to Carry:
2. Trekking shoes
3. Blankets or sleeping bags
4. Full length pants-recommended- to protect from snake/insect bites.
Few Points to Reminisce:
1. Be aware of villagers, Who may misguide you.
2. Sometime you get Tea, Maggi and firewood for campfire by villagers in the top. (Better to take packed food)
3. Better to go in groups Min of 6.
4. Be confirmed that it’s open for trekking. Due to safety/security reasons Police may not allow.
5. No prior permission required.
6. Campfire allowed at the top.
"We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us"